Ortodox Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord
The Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord is a Serbian Orthodox temple in Brezovo Polje. The church was built and consecrated in 1933 and its construction took 18 months. The idea and the first activities related to the construction of the church in began in 1888, but were not realized until 1932. In 1934, a new bell, weighing about 700 kg, was placed and consecrated.
The church was set on fire in 1941, during World War II, and nothing but the bare, roofless walls survived. It was rebuilt and consecrated in 1946 and in 1986, after extensive work on the decoration and beautification of the temple, it was consecrated once again.
In recent years, the church has been renovated, a new carved wood iconostasis with icons has been made and the frescos of saints have been restored.